Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wine Cork Christmas Trees

While tinkering (and drinking) one day in 2007, I came up with one of my favorite Christmas trees. This little guy sits on my kitchen island every holiday season. Its one of my guest's favorites. Here's how I did it: 


...I used very heavy duty fishing line to string the corks and crystal beads. Knot the end VERY well over and over, then slightly hit it with fire...like a match to start melting it to seal it. I had also first drilled through all the corks (I have found that Champagne corks are better off drilled sideways.) If you do this you will need to use a 'beading' needle which is much thinner and usually longer. Also, if you are doing a bigger project, I would suggest doing sections no longer than about 3 foot. No fun if for some reason a line breaks and you lose it all! If that happens, open a another bottle of wine and drown your sorrows!   

Let me know if you need more info. and PLEASE do share all your creative things too! Like you, I'm inspired by the creativity of others.

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS and may 2011 bring to all of us a very bright and joyous future!
More Christmas craft ideas here: 
http://www.cksignature.com/christmas_decorating.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment