Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just in time for the holiDAZE!

Christmas 1994!
There is something about the cool crisp mornings of Fall that give me a renewed burst of energy and HOPE!

Maybe it's always because of what it signifies...the start of our most BLESSED holidays. It's a time for us to give thanks to the things we cherish most...the gathering of family and friends, the wonderful aromas of bountiful food and the warmth of a beautifully decorated home.
For the past several weeks I've been arm's deep into the 3 G's (greenery, glitter and glue!!) and loving every minute of it! I get so much joy from watching piles of 'stuff' turning into a piece of art.
I also enjoy watching other's as they come in to inspect my latest work. Their comments from 'WOW' to 'where did you come up with this idea' to 'how did you do that' and of course it usually ends with 'I could NEVER do that!'
This leads me to my next passion...TEACHING! I've missed my days of teaching 'art after school' and being the set designer for ballet companies and drill team dance departments. I've always enjoyed teaching volunteers to create "Over the Top" props and costume pieces!
http://www.cksignature.com/register.htm
So, after having several friends encouraging me to share...I will be holding a class Saturday, November 20th for "Beginning Wreath Making 101" It's an adorable, whimsical piece that each student will make and take. For $50.00 you'll learn tricks of the trade, shortcuts and leave being inspired to make a few more on your own. They make GREAT gifts and in this economy, we all could use budget friendly ideas! 

Besides, who wants to pass up an opportunity to make new friends, also an excuse to drink wine/Mimosa's and nibble yummy delectables?!?!
Hope to see your HAPPY face!
Cindy
www.cksignature.com/register.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment